18 Sept 2006

Giraffe report

Report from the giraffe…
Everything is good here at the hospital, we are slowly figuring our how the hospital works and everybody are very friendly and say karibu all the time that means welcome.. The rain season is coming so it has been raining a bit today and yesterday but not much, the weather is still good.
Today I got the honor of giving a mother her new born baby for the first time, believe me that is a special feeling seeing new life beginning ( I think my ovaries rang a bell at the time) and all her family was there and they clapped their hands and started dancing (and of course I joined in).. Africa is wonderful and you learn so much, I mean how can people that have so little have so much joy in life, that is a lesson to be learnt.

Ps.. I look like a giraffe now because I got a bit sunburnt at Kilimanjaro and now the skin is coming of … spotted like a giraffe

things I miss...
of course my Ilija
something cold to drink!!!
and meat and some chocolate

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frábært að allt gengur vel.
Gaman að fylgjast með :)

kv. Halldóra

Anonymous said...

Gangi þér vel elsku Fjóla :D
*Knús*
Stefa