15 Oct 2006

Everyday life at Heri Hospital.. finally some photos

Finally we got the photos and the computer to work together!
Here are some everyday photos from us.
The first one is cooking chapati on charcoal outside on our porch.

We were invited to a wedding the 4. oct. the man getting married was one of the nurses here, Addo and the girl on the far right is also a nurse here at Heri. It was so much fun and an honour to be invited and enjoy the day with them, it was very different from our kind a wedding... we didn't get any cake!!!
Typical sight driving from Kigoma to Heri Hospital...


Another day at work....

that's all folks!!! but there is more to come, we hope that these photos give a little insight in our life here.

the hippo and the giraffe

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gaman að sjá myndirnar af ykkur, þetta hlýtur að vera stórkostlegt að vera þarna og upplifa allt öðruvísi menningu. Við söknum þín óskaplega mikið og hlökkum til að fá þig heim.

Hilsen to Mie :-)

Kveðja Mamma með nethjálp frá Sigvalda.

Anonymous said...

Vá en æðislega gaman að fá að fylgjast með ævintýrum ykkar Mie í Afríkunni. Passaðu þig bara alveg afskaplega vel Fjóla mín.
Mafínukveðjur frá Guðfinnunni

Anonymous said...

GREEAAAT to see pictures!!!
I cannot possibly imagine how life is over there... I wish I could see a video of the kids pointing at you, shouting and laughing!! It makes you wonder how little these people know about the world and how little it takes to amuse them. Although... I've seen Fjóla with her red face in the gym, and it is pretty funny!! Hehehe
I hope that you guys are having the time of your lives and take good care of each other.
I look forward to seeing more pictures.

Knuz, Gunna

ps. Fjóla mín ég elska þig og sakna þín mikið mikið mikið.